Breccia Crossroads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 1: A travelling merchant arrives

2 posters

Go down

Week 1: A travelling merchant arrives Empty Week 1: A travelling merchant arrives

Post by whod99 Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:45 am

Underneath a sapphire sky, a small metal boat bobbed down the river, lazily meandering despite the rushing current. A figure in a deck chair, lazy as the boat itself, idly tossed a poke-puff to the butterfree perched on their hat.
With a smile in their voice, the merchant called K said "Alright, that's the last of our food. Guess it's time to head into town!"
They casually rolled out of the way of the blast of frigid water from the side of the boat.
"Oh c'mon, Margot, don't be like that! It's not my fault the dragons here have a sweet tooth. Besides, I've heard good things about this town."
A spiralling shellder went back under the river's surface with a bubbly huff as the slowbro it was attached to gently nosed the craft towards a bridge.
Underneath the bridge, a kid in a leather jacket that was at least half metal stud glared, the murkrow on his shoulder doing its level best to look intimidating. With his best snarl, the punk jabbed a finger and demanded "what are you doing here, grandpa?"

K frowned at their butterfree, quietly asking "Grandpa? I don't look that old, do I, Cassie?" then called out "hey, hey, don't mind me. I'm just passing through. Tell you what, I'll give you a dusk stone for your friend there if you show me where I can set up. We have a deal?"

A few hours later, they were in Breccia Square, their boat converted into a tent/merchant stall with a faded sign saying "General Store and Specialty Help. We're always open!"

K smiled at the stand and gave the slowbro a hug. "Looking good! Thanks for helping with the heavy lifting, Bro. Once we do inventory, we should head on over to the local lab. It'd be rude not to introduce ourselves to the professor. Ok... Stones, check. Potions, check. Antidotes... Given to that kid who walked into a Weedle nest. Honey... eaten by a dragon. Ether...check! Revives, ready to go! Pokeballs... Every color accounted for! Alright, I think we're good to lock up and head out."

whod99

Back to top Go down

Week 1: A travelling merchant arrives Empty Re: Week 1: A travelling merchant arrives

Post by Midboss Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:28 am

Bree sighed as she turned away from yet another merchant's stall. Last night, a trainer's Smore had wriggled its way into the Day Care's Incense supply and burned through most of it, leaving the place smelling overwhelming and necessitating that she go buy more in case any Pokémon needed it to relax properly. The problem was that Incense has apparently become quite trendy of late, and other shoppers and style-conscious trainers had bought up all of what was usually a low-demand product at this time of year.

With a sudden excited squeak, the tiny Pichu on Bree's shoulder leapt off and started towards a stand that was selling a variety of Poké Toys and Fluffy Tails. "Peach, no! We have plenty of toys at home," Bree said firmly as she set down her heavy bag of Berries and Pokémon food to pick up her newest Pokémon. Baby Pokémon were lots of fun, but they took a lot of work too. As she turned around and lifted the Pichu back onto her shoulder, she spotted an unfamiliar stall that looked to have been just set up. "'General Store and Specialty Help', huh?" Before she had time to ponder what their stock might be, she saw the apparent proprietor moving to lock up.

"Excuse me!" Bree came running up to K's stall, gasping to catch her breath. "Do... you have... any Incense?"
Midboss
Midboss

https://1ststagemidboss.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Week 1: A travelling merchant arrives Empty Re: Week 1: A travelling merchant arrives

Post by whod99 Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:50 pm

K turned slowly, scratching his chin.
"Sorry, I don't think we have any..."
They are cut off by an annoyed trill as Cassie flew over to K's backpack, taking their hat with her. The butterfree burrowed into a pocket, and a few seconds later the hat--now loaded with incense--floated over to Bree.
"Huh. Guess I was wrong about that... Must've been carrying that since we went to Sinnoh last year. Thanks, Cassie, I owe you one."
The bug type chirped at that, crawling out of the pack and fluttering over to take a look at the Pichu.
K nodded at Bree, fingers tapping on their part leg. "Oh hey, cute kid! Hm... how about this: since you're my first customer in town, you can name your price. Just throw in some directions to the local lab." Their stomach growled and K smiled sheepishly. "And maybe a good restaurant."

whod99

Back to top Go down

Post by Midboss Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:44 pm

Bree's face lit up at the sight of the Incense. "Thank you! Normally I'd be paying about P13,000 for this much, so... does that sound okay?" She reached into one of her apron's many pockets to get the money out. "If you head over that way north, towards Route 16, you can't miss Professor Magnolia's lab, it's huge. There's a good burger cart down that road too, or there's a real nice Hoennese place over by the bridge if you want somewhere to sit down. Big portions." She handed over the money as her Pichu started to spark up a little in response to the Butterfree. Reaching into the bag full of Berries, Bree plucked a Cheri Berry off the stem and offered it to the Tiny Mouse Pokémon, distracting her from being territorial.
"If you ever need anyone to keep an eye on any of your Pokémon while you're round here, we've got plenty of room at the Crossroads Day Care. The name's Bree."
Midboss
Midboss

Back to top Go down

Post by whod99 Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:25 pm

K gratefully took the money and put it in their fanny pack as Cassie replaced their hat, looking rather smug as she settled in to perch on it.
"A pleasure to meet you, Bree. You can call me K, just about everyone does."
They fished around in the pack for a little longer, then pulled out a small bell painted to look like a Voltorb. They tossed it to Bree with a smile, saying "Here, a gift for the baby--it's a genuine Celedon City soothe bell. My mom won it as a prize a while back and wasn't sure what to do with it. Anyway, if it's alright with you, I'd love to visit the daycare center every once in a while to meet the pokemon. It's always fun to run into someone new!"
The slowbro lying next to K stood up and nudged their leg, and K sighed.
"Yeah, I know, Bro. Just give me a sec to get the cart ready... Unless you would rather walk?"
K laughed when the slowbro flopped back down.
"Hah! That's a no, then? Alright, we should get going if we want to meet the professor today. Thanks for the directions and the business, Bree, and be sure to keep me in mind if you need any odd jobs done. Unless you happen to be heading the same way, I guess I'll see you later!"

At that, K unfolded a small cart from the back of the stand and dutifully waited for the slowbro to climb on.

whod99

Back to top Go down

Post by Midboss Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:35 am

"Thank you so much! Here, Peach, look!" Bree took the Soothe Bell gratefully and shook it in front of her Pichu, who was transfixed by the sound of the bell and chased after it as Bree dangled it around. "I need to get back, it's nearly feeding time. Good luck with the Professor!" With a wave, she turned  and strolled back towards the Day Care, Peach toddling after the jingling Soothe Bell.
Midboss
Midboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down