Breccia Crossroads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other Locations in Mazia Brainstorming thread

5 posters

Go down

Other Locations in Mazia Brainstorming thread Empty Other Locations in Mazia Brainstorming thread

Post by Admin Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:49 pm

I can't be bothered to think of the entire region by myself. Post potential locations and people here.

Established locations:
Two rivers (Cebble and Gyras) that meet near Breccia Crossroads
Mountains with Gyrados living at the top.
Areas of widespread urban decay
Swamps fill of Tynamo.

Admin
Admin

https://brecciacrosswords.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Other Locations in Mazia Brainstorming thread Empty Re: Other Locations in Mazia Brainstorming thread

Post by Midboss Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:55 pm

Route 12 is the (a?) road out of the Crossroads which leads towards the mountains.
Midboss
Midboss

https://1ststagemidboss.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Other Locations in Mazia Brainstorming thread Empty Re: Other Locations in Mazia Brainstorming thread

Post by Bifuriousa Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:59 pm

I would like beach town, with a big hotel and tourist front. English seaside style. Not too far from the crossroads, a couple of towns over to the West
Bifuriousa
Bifuriousa

Back to top Go down

Post by Von Krieger Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:05 pm

I think I absentmindedly established that Route 12 heads towards the mountains through the abandoned industrial sector, which makes sense as the mountains would be where the mines are.

There's also an underground cavern complex over there that manages to lead into another region if you go deep/far/long enough.

Likely in game mechanics, it would be blocked off via HM skills, and as Delphina has Strength, Rock Break, and Cut, likely it's fallen rocks and cave-ins from mining, and overgrown mushrooms/fungus.

Perhaps some species that's mutated because of mine tailings/pollution, and/or being tended to by some sort of pokemon?

Perhaps something akin to leafcutter ants? Leafcutter Durrants, perhaps?
Von Krieger
Von Krieger

http://kriegsdottir.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by whod99 Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:39 pm

The urban decay by the mountains also explains why there's an abandoned airfield to be converted into a lab. So... That would make the northern part of the region the former industrial center?
Also, the coastal area is apparently near the forests, possibly the Combee/Beedrill flowering forest

whod99

Back to top Go down

Post by Bifuriousa Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:45 pm

I think this means that route 12 heads north through an old industrial estate then into the mountains. To the west is forest and at least a bit of coast, the woods are close to the beach at one point along the route, then possibly it separates into cliff with forests on the high ground spreading further west, with the touristy town and beachfront at the base of those cliffs. it would be a good place for regional water type variants to possibly have picked up a rock or ice typing. I bet vanilluxe were brought in from other regions for the pleasure beach and did well there
Bifuriousa
Bifuriousa

Back to top Go down

Post by whod99 Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:24 am

So, let's see... there's 5 roads leading out of the town, so 5 major sections of the region?

North is the abandoned industrial areas and mines
West is the forests and the beach
One area is the Swamps (South)
One area is the glaciers
One area would be some sort of flowering plains.

Does that sound right to y'all? Maybe have one gym leader per section, along with one in the center in whatever town Breccia's losing people to.

whod99

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down